So let's Skip it financially...

3/12/09

The old "just skip it" mentality about finances: Well...if the money's there on Sunday, we'll give it to God. If it isn't there...then God didn't provide.

The new mentality: It's all God's. If I choose to buy a pair of shoes or a mocha frappe' chiller from TCBY (my very favorite) during the week and don't have money on Sunday to tithe. I am guilty of robbing God.



The old "just skip it" mentality about finances: Paying off debt comes first, God wants us to live debt free, so we should get out of debt before tithing....again, if there's no money on Sunday...it's God's fault.

The new mentality: We are called to reach the lost, to take care of people, to be hospitable, and to be cheerful givers. yeah...I know. I'm not laughing all the way to the offering bucket, but I should be. I've got a lot of work to do in my own heart. But we have committed to being faithful in tithing. But we've also committed ourselves to choosing to spend wisely. To find a cheaper home, a cheaper car payment, and a healthy lifestyle...all for the sake of serving God with EVERYTHING He provides: our possessions, our money, and even our debt.

1 comments:

Joyful Mother said...

I agree with you Skip and that's why I think its best to tithe first as soon as you get your check

Post a Comment

Don't Skip This, I want to hear from you.